Plugable's USB-C to VGA cable allows you to connect an older VGA display or projector to your new laptop, tablet, or desktop which supports USB-C "DisplayPort Alternate Mode" (Alt Mode) video output functionality. Performance
USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode technology utilizes a direct pipeline to the graphics processor in your system, and your connected monitor will function and perform as a natively attached display Compatible Systems
Plug and Play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the 2017 iMac/iMac Pro, 2017 MacBook/MacBook Pro, Late 2016 MacBook Pro 13" and 15" , MacBook Retina 12" 2015 / 2016, HP Spectre x360 13" and 15" , Chromebook Pixel 2015, the Gigabyte "GA-Z170X-Gaming 7" , "GA-Z170X-Gaming GT" and "GA-Z170X-UD5 TH" Alpine Ridge based Thunderbolt 3 motherboards, Dell XPS 13 (9350, 9360), Dell XPS 15 (9550, 9560), Lenovo P50 and P70, and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+
For additional compatibility information, please see plugable.com/usbc-vga-cable Incompatible Systems
Most current phones and Android tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
Motherboards with dual USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports are limited to a single Alt Mode output; only one Alt Mode adapter supported per system. In the Bag
Plugable USB-C to VGA cable (6ft/1.8m)
- Enables you to connect an older VGA equipped monitor, TV or projector to a USB-C port using a single cable
- Support for resolutions up to 1920�1080 (1080p) at 60Hz
- Compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows on supported systems
- Cable is fully Plug and Play; no special driver installation or additional power source required
- Complies with the VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB Type-C Connector" Standard"