The HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen10 Controller, supporting 12Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0, is an ideal cost-effective solution for RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 and Software Defined Storage solutions on externally attached drives. This controller operates in Mixed Mode which combines RAID and HBA operations simultaneously. It has eight external SAS lanes, allowing connection to externally attached SAS or SATA drives, and provides enterprise-class reliability, security and efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. This controller offers enhanced security by encrypting data-at-rest on any drive with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption.
- Cost-Effective SAS Storage Connectivity
- The HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen10 Controller is a cost effective enterprise-class controller that provides the basic building blocks for simple RAID storage solutions while delivering 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers when connected to 12 Gb/s external storage devices.
- Offers a low-cost solution to enable software-defined storage.
- Connects to external just a bunch of disks (JBODs) and advanced external storage arrays.
- Built-in reliability and security
- The HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen10 Controller protects data-at-rest on any drive attached to the controller with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license).
- Comply with regulations for sensitive data, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption.
- Preserve data integrity with HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, which alerts you to potential drive issues before a drive fails.